Electronice ink messages in Pidgin

Niniel Elvengreen tleilaxu_agent at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 03:33:39 EDT 2010

I read in a post on http://planet.pidgin.im/ regarding the 2.6.0 release (Pidgin 2.6.0--It's About Time) that Pidgin is supposed to support MSN's electronic ink - "the ability to receive voice clips and handwritten (ink) messages on MSN".
This does not seem to be working for me. Does it require a plugin? Are there some (hidden) settings to enable this? I am using the portable version on Windows Vista (just upgraded to 2.7.1.; not sure what I had before, but I'm certain it was higher than 2.6.0).

Thank you.