Error problem with my buddy's pidgin

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Tue Jun 22 08:39:47 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 23:46, Brett & Carrie <btrewarn at> wrote:
> I am using MSN
> I am using version Pidgin 2.7.1 (libpurple 2.7.1)
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'operating system', but I am using Windows 7 Professional on my computer.

You're probably seeing a known issue related to direct connections in MSN.

If that is the case, unchecking the "Allow direct connections"
checkbox in the "Advanced" tab of your MSN account setup within Pidgin
should prevent the crashing.

If that doesn't do it, please follow the instructions at to get a crash report and
file a ticket.