Problems in creating an AOL name

Mark Doliner mark at
Fri Jan 22 17:09:34 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Jenny Goovaerts
<Jenny.Goovaerts at> wrote:
> Dear
> I created an AOL name but I made a mistake by creating it with my email
> address instead of a nick name.
> I could not change my email address into another name so I cancelled it
> totally.
> I then tried to create a new AOL name but unfortunately this is not
> possible, because every time I get the message that I used an incorrect
> password.
> Can you please therefore look into this matter and inform me which steps I
> need to make in order to have this fixed and to be able to create a new AOL.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Best regards

Hey Jenny.  It sounds like you're trying to create a new AIM screen
name?  It's actually not possible to do this using Pidgin.  You'll
have to fill out the form at  Once
that's done you can "Add an Account" to Pidgin and type in the screen
name and password that you just created.