David Woolley forums at
Tue Jan 12 17:54:27 EST 2010

Useful subject: unexpected response from

s2teennovelist at wrote:
> Hello, I'm having problem with my Pidgin account, I don't know why but

There is no such thing as a Pidgin account; you are having problems with
an AOL Instant Messenger account.  What happens if you use the official
AOL client.  What is in the Pidgin debug log when this happens.

> it says my penname has been disabled and every time i try and re-enable
> it, i keep getting the same message. I don't know how to modify it and i
> have no ides what to do. Everytime i try to say I am Available or enable
> my account this pops up:
> s2Teennovelist disabled
> Received unexpected response from
> (and two buttons one
> saying re-enable and one saying modify account.) Everytime i hit Renanle
> the same message pops up.
>  I don't know what else to do to try and get my account working again
> and I need my IM. what can i do?

Note that support requests should summarise the key features of the problem.