Pidgin not supported by server, downloading new version not worked

sarah younghusband syounghusband86 at
Sun Jan 3 12:59:08 EST 2010

I am having a problem with my Pidgin messenger.

I have an asus Eep PC series notebook and the pidgin has started showing me "our protocol isn't supported by the server" message when I try to log in. I have tried downloading a newer version but it is still coming up with the same error. Can you help? I only really use the notebook for pidgin so my computer is currently a bit useless to me.

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.
Add your Gmail and Yahoo! Mail email accounts into Hotmail - it's easy