Help with getting MSN messenger to work

Daniel Green egghead7000 at
Fri Jan 1 05:13:45 EST 2010

Just got a new netbook for Xmas which runs Ubuntu which I've never used before.  I couldn't get MSN messenger to work so checked out the Pidgin website where I found an update (called a PPA?).  The instructions aren't clear to me.  Do I copy the whole thing in one go or separate the commands?  If I separate the commands, do I paste them into separate 'terminals'?  When I've copied them into the terminals(s), do I just close them down, hit the return key, or what?

Sorry to ask such simple questions, but I could really do with some simple to understand step-by-step instructions to get me started.

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts