Is there anyway to choose a second soundcard for pidgin to use?

Joel La Prade djetaine at
Fri Jan 29 06:41:12 EST 2010

I have a somewhat strange request. On my work PC I constantly have my
headphones plugged in as I use a VOIP system. These headphones are USB and
act as a second sound card.
I don't always wear these headphones so if I don't have them on, I can't
hear when I receive a new message using pidgin. Is there any way that I can
choose which soundcard Pidgin uses? I would like it to use my internal
soundmax card instead of the gn2100 headset soundcard.