problem with download

Ethan Blanton elb at
Thu Jan 28 10:49:50 EST 2010

Angie Stewart spake unto us the following wisdom:
> tried to download pidgin to my computer
> for instant messaging for my teenage daughter
> but got an error that told me to email pidgin
> for a new copy of the installation.
> it says
> installer integrity check has failed.common causes
> include incomplete download and damaged media.
> contact installer's author to obtain a new copy.
> can you help?

If you got your Pidgin from (or our
Sourceforge download pages), your download was simply not completed
correctly.  Delete the file you downloaded and try again.

If you got it from somewhere else, it is possibly a corrupt file.

determined to commit crimes.