New email notifications

elias.brian elias.brian at
Wed Jan 13 11:08:14 EST 2010

I have Pidgin 2.6.5 setup to check my email on 2 accounts (I use it to
notify me of messages waiting).  It correctly notifies me when I have mail
waiting, but lately it doesn't update itself once I've read the message.

It used to be (a few weeks ago even), that once I read the mail message in
GMail, Pidgin would quickly change back to no messages waiting.  Now, I have
to click on the "1 new email" to get it to go away.

Any ideas?

Sent from the Pidgin Support List mailing list archive at