Show ICQ nickname in buddy-list

Mads Lie Jensen mads at
Sat Jan 2 03:57:10 EST 2010

Just installed Pidgin 2.4.6 for windows.
Used Trillian 3.1 before.

When signing on to my MSN and ICQ-accounts, it correctly found all my
contacts and added those to my buddylist in pidging.

However, all icq-users are shown in the list as their UIN-number. I
would like to display the nicknames instead, but can't figure out how
to, short of manually editing the alias of all the contacts (which I
would prefer not to ....)

When I right-click a contact and select 'Get Info', I can see their
nickname is present in this info.

Mads Lie Jensen - mads at - ICQ #25478403
Gartneriet -