Screen Name says its disabled for no apparent reason

aaron kaiser kaze4u2 at
Wed Feb 10 19:03:15 EST 2010

when trying to log into pidgin I get a notification that says

 'gotmuie disabled'       (gotmuie being my screen name).
Received unexpected response from

so when I go to the Accounts >> enable accounts tab and try to check the
little box next to my screen name, it is pretty much instantly unchecked and
I am unable to log in
I tried using a different screen name but this didn't work either

please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this problem as I
strongly prefer pidgin to other forms of aim.