2 processes after boot

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Feb 21 11:41:33 EST 2010

Evgeny Yamenko spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Hi. Is it normal that 2 processes booting? First one uses ~20mb, second
> ~7mb. After a few seconds the second one disappears. I'm using ubuntu 9.10.

The second will actually be using only a few kilobytes of memory, most
of that memory is shared with the parent.  That process has nothing to
do with "booting"; it is a helper for DNS lookups when Pidgin needs to
look up domain names (such as when connecting to an account).  It is
normal and you should not worry about it.

determined to commit crimes.