HTML code coming through as buddy's comment

Mark Doliner mark at
Wed Feb 3 14:13:45 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Courtney Hollimon
<courtneyhollimon at> wrote:
> Hi support,
> I have a colleague on ICQ that I chat with regularly.  I recently had to
> switch computers and now whatever he types comes through like this:
> <FONT face="arial" size="2" color="#000000">sometimes</FONT>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pidgin, removed him and re-added him as a
> buddy, and he has tried using different fonts, but it doesn't fix the
> problem.  No other contacts have this issue.  Can you help?
> Thanks!

That's strange.  Do you know what program he is using for ICQ?  Are
both of you using ICQ accounts and not AIM accounts?  What version of
Pidgin are you using?