gmail acount issues

Anttonia streitenberger darkshellan at
Tue Aug 10 22:33:41 EDT 2010

I would like to request your help. tried to solve the problem myself and
checked your FAQs but i guess its beyond me *aka not computer advance user*
I used to have a hotmail account and a gmail account on my pidgin. After i
formated my laptop and reisntalled Pidgin the gmail account has not been
able to conect. I get the same error message:
"darkshellan at Unable to find alternative XMPP
connection methods after
failing to connect directly." the email account is configured as follows:
Protocol: XMPP; Username:darkshellan; Domain:; password
Advanced: require SSL/TLS; connect port: 5222; fil trasfer proxies:
Proxy type: Use global proxy settings.

thanks in advance for your help.