Adding a Astra/Trillian account to Pidgin

Kevin Stange kstange at
Mon Aug 16 19:22:52 EDT 2010

On 08/16/2010 06:04 PM, Michael Murray wrote:
>   I'm sure I missed it somewhere, so I am going to apologize for asking
> a question that is answered somewhere on the Pidgin site.  I've checked
> the FAQ, Installaion guide, and Google unsuccessfully for advice on how
> to install an Astra/Trillian account with in Pidgin.

This depends entirely upon whether the Astra network uses a protocol
that Pidgin supports.  I can't find any information about this protocol,
but my gut says it's proprietary, so it is most likely that you cannot
use it with Pidgin.