Someone in my chat not my buddy?

David Woolley forums at
Wed Oct 21 03:33:23 EDT 2009

David Woolley wrote:
> Katrina Cooper wrote:

> If you are not using AIM, which instant messaging service are you using.
>  Pidgin is a client to various instant messaging services, and cannot
> work without using one.  Your problem  lies with whichever service you
> are using.
> (I still believe that will be AIM.)

If you had been using AIM, it is possible that this bug fix, in a
version (2.6.3) released just today, may have helped you, although the
announcement doesn't say what the symptoms would be, and I don't know
enough of the internals of AIM to be able to guess, myself:

     * AIM and ICQ
           o Fix blocking and other privacy lists. (Thanks to AOL)