Online Status Not Working

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at
Wed Oct 7 14:18:54 EDT 2009

And Kevin Roth spoke on 10/07/2009 08:39 AM, saying:
> Hello Pidgin Team,
> I’m writing to report that several members of our organization often
> appear offline when they are.  Changing the status and then changing it
> back to “Available” does not help.  Restarting Pidgin seems to help, but
> is a temporary solution.  Have you had any other reports of this, and is
> this something you are working to fix?  Thanks for a great, free product.

You've neglected to mention with what protocol this is occurring.

If AIM/ICQ, then yes, there are various known problems like that currently
(believed, AFAIK, to be server-side issues). Enabling "Use clientLogin" on
the advanced tab of the Modify Account dialog may help (this will be the
default in the next version of Pidgin).