Using Pidgin for home network.

Cornell Murrell cornell.murrell at
Mon Oct 26 15:18:26 EDT 2009

Here's the log file.

(14:50:40) dnsquery: IP resolved for
(14:50:40) proxy: Attempting connection to
(14:50:40) proxy: Connecting to with no proxy
(14:50:40) proxy: Connection in progress
(14:51:01) proxy: Connecting to
(14:51:01) proxy: Error connecting to (Connection timed
(14:51:01) proxy: Connection attempt failed: Connection timed out.
(14:51:01) bonjour: Error connecting to buddy Cor Cor at Kidz-PC at error: Connection timed out.

Cornell Murrell wrote:

> Hi Kevin,

> I'm still having an issue. I downloaded/installed Bonjour and Pidgin. When
I launched Pidgin, I added a user and selected Bonjour from the drop down
list. I did this on two computers on my network, and can see the both users
that I setup, but when I try to send a IM, it says "Unable to send the
message. The conversation couldn't be started."

> Am I missing a setting of something? Any help would be appreciated

I'm not personally sure what might be wrong.  If you can open your debug log
(Help > Debug Window) when you try to send a message, and paste in the debug
messages related to Bonjour that may help us figure out the problem.