Custom plugin does not display in list of plugins

Mark Woods markstevenwoods at
Thu Mar 26 22:49:01 EDT 2009

I just learned about Pidgin's --debug option. Using that, it's pretty clear
that my plugin DLL cannot be loaded. Now I need to focus on why.

Mark Woods wrote:
> I created a plugin in the Ubuntu environment that works fine. I recompiled
> it using MingW in a Cygwin environment, but it doesn't even show up in the
> list of available plugins on a Windows box. I'm pretty sure I've brought
> in all the required supporting DLLs for my plugin. I'm stumped on how to
> troubleshoot the problem.  Why would Pidgin not even display the plugin?

Sent from the Pidgin Support List mailing list archive at