Custom plugin does not display in list of plugins

Mark Woods markstevenwoods at
Thu Mar 26 22:40:52 EDT 2009

I created a plugin in the Ubuntu environment that works fine. I recompiled it
using MingW in a Cygwin environment, but it doesn't even show up in the list
of available plugins on a Windows box. I'm pretty sure I've brought in all
the required supporting DLLs for my plugin. I'm stumped on how to
troubleshoot the problem.  Why would Pidgin not even display the plugin?
Sent from the Pidgin Support List mailing list archive at