HTTP proxy connection error 503

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Tue Mar 10 07:54:13 EDT 2009

2009/3/10 kranthi <kranthi117 at>

> i forgot to mention one very important thing... i m working on fedora core
> 10. i used to get the same error on fedora core 8. after installing fedora
> core 10 i problem had been *rectified*. after few days pidgin stopped to
> work suddenly(with gtalk). and i m sure that i did not change ny settings in
> pidgin

Did you start using  a different Pidgin version when you updated?  It is
also possible that whoever administrates your proxy change some setting in
the mean time.

> @daniel it is not definitely the port problem. coz many of my friends are
> successfully using pidgin for gtalk. and moreover if my proxy is refusing
> connections to gtalk server neither official google talk client nor the
> official google talk gadget would have worked(which is not the case with me)

You assumption isn't necessarily correct; IIRC the native client
automagically falls back to a different connection technique when the normal
connection fails.