How to log in to google talk with university emails?

Jarn eurus103 at
Wed Mar 18 16:15:06 EDT 2009

I'm trying to log in to google talk via Pidgin with my university-provided
gmail address (xxxx at I can log in with google's own
Google Talk merely by typing in xxxx at for the name, but
when I do that in pidgin it doesn't connect and says "error connecting to
host at". Does anyone know how I would go about
connecting with my university email address?
Sent from the Pidgin Support List mailing list archive at