HTTP proxy connection error 503

John Moore 3rd jmoore3rd at
Mon Mar 9 23:32:14 EDT 2009

Daniel Atallah wrote:

> 2009/2/28 kranthi <kranthi117 at <mailto:kranthi117 at>>
>     i m getting this error while trying to connect to google talk via
>     pidgin.
>     as expected debug window of pidgin says HTTP/1.0 503 Service
>     Unavailable while trying to connect to the proxy server.
>     but i m able to connect to my yahoo account at the same time using
>     pidgin(with same proxy settings)
>     i am getting this error with google talk only. please help
> Your proxy server is refusing the connection.
> You can try a different port (80 may work).

Please confirm that that You have configured everything on the 'Advanced
Tab' for SSL + Use 'Old SSL' protocols.

As long as the Error Window indicates HTTP/ instead of HTTPS I gotta
assume You haven't configured the connection properly.

JOHN <SIGH>  8-)
Timestamp: Monday 09 Mar 2009, 23:31  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)