help for google talk

Mail Notification1 mn1 at
Wed Jun 3 11:24:26 EDT 2009

I am a develloper of the SIP Communicator project and I need help to
implement the mail notification service for google talk.
Here , it
is written that after sending your first query in order to know if you have
an new email, the gmail server send you a query to notify to you that you
have a new mail.
I can send the first query but I can't received the query from the server.
For the moment, I use a timer to send my query to receive a new email
notification, but the timer seems not to be a good option
Can you tell what do you do on pidgin?

Alain Knaebel