Finch: questions on development, usage, etc

Daniel finch-im at
Tue Jun 23 13:00:46 EDT 2009

I'm currently trying out finch for the first time. I spent some time
last evening with it, and now I have some questions. I come from using
centerim (, another console IM client.

1. Is it being actively developed? Are new features being added etc.

2. Are patches actively accepted for it by users?

3. Can I rename a contact in the buddy list? Try as I may, I can't seem
to remember the ICQ UIN's for all my friends :)

4. I'm using osx, and I can't seem to get any of the windows to have
menues as invoked by Ctrl+o. What windows should I expect to have menus?
This is the same for F11.

5. Since I can't get window menues etc, I don't know if this is
possible, but how I can I access the logs for a chat window?

6. To whom, or where can I direct feature requests?

Finch is a really nice console client. I'm looking forward to having
this issues resolved so I can start using it in ernest!

"Liberty cannot be caged into a charter or handed on ready-made to the next
generation.  Each generation must recreate liberty for its own times.  Whether
or not we establish freedom rests with ourselves."
-- Florence Ellinwood Allen (1884-1966)
Source: This Constitution of Ours, 1940