pidgin won't load

Thomas West te.west.08 at
Tue Jan 27 23:04:05 EST 2009

Recently my son had me download and install pidgin.

It was working, but had trouble connecting to Google talk - it did Facebook

I then had some bugs and the names associated with the buddies went away.

Now, PIDGIN will not load. I get a windows error message stating that pidgin
had a problem and had to close

-          after clicking the shortcut or from start/programs/pidgin the
icon appears in the tray and it is after that the error occurs.

-          What should I look for - a problem in the registry? What? Where?