SOLVED! Pidgin ignores DISPLAY variable.

Richard Laager rlaager at
Fri Jan 23 22:27:40 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 02:18 +0100, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> Yes, when I run with -d, it is printed here too. About on line 100 of
> 136. (i.e. unfindable for normal users).

Agreed and fixed. Check out this "screenshot". ;)

        $ pidgin
        Exiting because another libpurple client is already running.

> Things that would be useful for me are:
> 	pidgin --change-state Offline
> and
> 	pidgin --message-to <someuser> \
> 		--message-content="Auto message from <script>: Something went wrong".

purple-remote and our DBus interface, while FAR from perfect, will
probably suffice for these needs.