How to disable Pidgins behavoiur to take over the focus?

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Thu Feb 19 09:24:07 EST 2009

2009/2/18 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at>:
> Am 2009-02-16 21:23:52, schrieb Daniel Atallah:
>> 2009/2/16 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at>:
>> >
>> > if Pidgin lost the connection (Gaim has rarely lost the  connection  and
>> > it was working perfect) Pidgin enforce the Focus to it  self,  which  is
>> > realy annoying since since it happen several 100 times a day.
>> Once again, finding the cause of the disconnection should be the primary goal.
> I have recompiled Gaim for Debian/Lenny
> and it works without any problems...
> Can it be, that Pidgin disklike GSM/HSDPA connections?

Pidgin has no idea how you're connected.

As I mentioned in the other email, you'll need to get a debug log
(using `pidgin -d` or via Help->Debug Window) when these
disconnections occur in order for us to have any idea why this might
be happening.