How to disable Pidgins behavoiur to take over the focus?

Daniel Atallah datallah at
Mon Feb 16 21:23:52 EST 2009

2009/2/16 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at>:
> if Pidgin lost the connection (Gaim has rarely lost the  connection  and
> it was working perfect) Pidgin enforce the Focus to it  self,  which  is
> realy annoying since since it happen several 100 times a day.

Once again, finding the cause of the disconnection should be the primary goal.

> So my question is, HOW can I diasable this behaviour permanently?

Pidgin itself will not request focus at all.
Are you referring to the URGENT request?  Perhaps your Window Manager
is configured to focus such windows.