Daniel Atallah datallah at
Sun Feb 1 23:53:07 EST 2009

2009/2/1  <preadman at>:
> I currently bought 2 Eee  PC 701 SD for my kids and I'm unable to access
> pidgin as error message comes up when signing in states a connection error
> from notification server unable to connect.

I don't know which version of Pidgin you're trying to use here, so it
is hard to know what is happening; this may be caused by the network
configuration at wherever you're trying to connect from.  The debug
log that is output (Help->Debug) during connection attempts will
likely provide more information about what is happening.

> Please can you advise I have checked question and answers.
> Please can you also advise on how the webcam can work on msn as currently
> they have used ebuddy.

Pidgin doesn't currently support using webcams.