Windows Messenger

Aga, Jason Jason.Aga at
Wed Feb 18 13:22:37 EST 2009

I am trying to configure SIMPLE (SIP) for communication within my
office. Currently, we use MS Messenger, using the SIP Communication
Account. When I attempt to configure Pidgin for the same, I get no
connections. What information do I need in order to properly configure
Pidgin to work successfully as the MS Messenger does?
I have tried using <username>@<Domain> as the username and just the
<username> and then putting the <domain> in the server box. Nothing
seems to work. I get errors like, 'Could Not Resolve Domain Name' 'User
disconnected' etc.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you,