pidgin problem

Wrath Oscuro wrathoscuro at
Sat Feb 7 18:17:08 EST 2009

When talking on the AIM client, if I have any background color set on my
font format, when I send messages, the background color has a tendency to
break up and show random white lines after just about every message. When I
tab over or stretch the window slightly, they temporarily disappear but they
come back after I send another message. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first
person who has asked you guys about this, but is there a way to fix this?
Will there be a patch? It's EXTREMELY annoying.