IM Forwarding on Pidgin for Yahoo & MSN Accounts

Michael Scalero Michael.Scalero at
Fri Feb 6 17:41:36 EST 2009

I have been having issues getting Pidgin to set my Yahoo and MSN accounts to
forward to my mobile phone when I exit the Pidgin 2.5.4 application on my
PC. If I set IM Forwarding using Windows Messenger, and sign off from that
application, it forwards my messages to my mobile device, however the next
time I sign on with Pidgin, and sign off, pidgin does not set my MSN account
to mobile, and I appear offline to MSN users.

Is there a way to get this to work? For Yahoo or MSN?

Or should I just download a multi account messenger client for my cell phone
and sign onto my Yahoo and MSN accounts from my cell when I'm not on a PC?

Just to note, Pidgin forwards IM's from my AIM accounts just fine. No dice
for Yahoo or MSN accounts though.

I just want to be accessible all the time! =)