Pop Up Notifications?

Nicky nicky at bognopper.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 20:59:10 EST 2009

Good Pidgin peeps, i am new to linux but so far I am much happier with
it that windoze. I am using Ubuntu 9.01 KK. I use pidgin every day for
several different IM protocols and have been very happy with it - good
work guys! Just one little newbie question (possibly a stupid one -
sorry) can I stop the automating pop up message preview boxes? It is
good to have them but the way my set up is they cover other options in
other applications. Any help appreciated. sorry if this is dumb