Pidgin 2.5.1 Issues

Matthew Latham M.Latham at
Tue Apr 21 01:54:12 EDT 2009

I have a couple of issues with Pidgin (running version 2.5.1).

1)      I have set up an XMPP Jabber account.  I can see & communicate with buddies that have Jabber accounts, but not members with accounts using other protocols, eg MSN.  Do I need to set up and enable an account for each protocol so that I can see all users, eg XMPP, MSN, Yahoo etc?

2)      I can see buddies online, but I appear offline to them.  To clear the problem I re-request authorization.   However, this only clears the problem momentarily - I then go back to appearing offline in their buddy list.

Matt Latham  |  Services Account Manager

F5 Networks

  P  +612 9978 1555<>

  M +61 407 940 179

[cid:image001.gif at 01C9C299.6A122A50]