Pidgin 2.5.5 crashes on logging in to MSN account with large number of contacts

Gilles Gravier gilles at
Thu Apr 16 04:24:28 EDT 2009

Since this week, more or less, when I log into MSN Messenger with pidgin
with my account "Gilles at" pidgin starts connecting, then
crashes. This happens on Windows and on Solaris. With Pidgin 2.5.5.

It doesn't happen with other accounts on MSN that have a smaller list of

I've tried from a clean configuration (i.e. deleted .purple and
re-entered the account details from MSN, supposing things like a cache
corruption for the icons but to no avail).

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles Gravier
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at* <mailto:Gilles at>
ICQ : *77488526*
Messenger : Gilles at <>*
*Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
<> || AOL : gillesgravier
PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
"Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
"De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
aberrante." [Anatole France]