help on sounds

Bob.Nix at Bob.Nix at
Wed Sep 24 11:43:54 EDT 2008

Daniel wins.  Stopped pidgin and sounds continued to arrive.  Thank you,
Daniel.  I am building a new machine, lots of new releases; I need to look
I really appreciate the quick response from both of you.

Again, thank you.

Bob Nix
Application Development Manager
Regulus Group, Inc.
bob.nix at
(w) 704-717-5272 (c) 704-719-7446

"Daniel Atallah" <daniel.atallah at>
09/24/2008 08:08 AM

Bob.Nix at
support at
Re: help on sounds

2008/9/24  <Bob.Nix at>:
> I cannot turn off the pidgen sounds.  Please help.
> I work in a cube area; the sounds are not well tolerated.
> I seem to get a steam of bongs, swishes, and ohter noises from Pidgen.
> In Tools, "Mute Sounds" is checked.
> In Preferences / Sounds, the only item checked on the entire page is
> "message received" and I am not receiving any messages.
> How do I turn off all the sounds?

The way to disable sounds is with the "Mute Sounds" checkbox in

If that is already checked, are you sure that these sounds are
actually coming from Pidgin?