[Question #25156]: pidgin buddy list synchronization bug

Eugene Cormier question25156 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Sep 16 10:38:09 EDT 2008

Question #25156 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:

Eugene Cormier proposed the following answer:
I had the same problem and after much fooling around I found on my
system it was caused by the evolution integration plugin.....how I
solved the problem

1) delete the ~/.purple folder (after backing up the log subfolder to
keep all my old recorded conversations

2) restart pidgin, setting it back up the way I like, without evolution

and then closing pidgin and copying the log subfolder back into

then start the program again....no problems here now

I assume the buddy list sync problem had to do with old msn address'
being saved in evolution

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.