can not turn OFF Message Notification plugin

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at
Mon Sep 8 12:26:53 EDT 2008

2008/9/8 Bart Zalewski <bart.zalewski at>:
> I've been having this irritation for a while now (multiple releases back
> when I first turned the plugin on) and have just now decided to ask to see
> if anyone can help me out.
> I can not seem to get the Message Notification plugin to turn off.  I've
> disabled the plugin (and every suboption of it) in the UI and I've also gone
> through the prefs.xml and tried all sorts of things but I can't seem to find
> the right flag to turn this off.
> I'm running version 2.5.1 on windows2k3.
> I can't leave my buddy list window open anymore without getting annoying
> taskbar flashing for new email notifications way too often.
> I am just about to the point of deleting/archiving all of my profile
> settings and starting a fresh install/profile from scratch - seems pretty
> overkill to me to be the only way to disable an option.

This isn't at all related to the Message Notification plugin.

There isn't a way to disable the Buddy List flashing on new messages,
perhaps there should be.
You can disable notification of emails in your account settings.