[Question #48212]: getting data from windows hard disk

Simon question48212 at answers.launchpad.net
Thu Oct 16 14:47:27 EDT 2008

New question #48212 on pidgin in ubuntu:

I've done something really silly. I've put Ubuntu on my disk successfully but to start with it wouldn't let me make two partions I had windows Vista on but decided to just put Ubuntu on one partion forgetting all about my data in windows. Is there any way I can read the hard disk to get my photos back? I don't care about windows as I am going to learn all about this operating system and if I wanted to I could reinstall it. so if anyone could help me I would be very grateful.  By the way I am a complete novice to unix but am quite computer literate.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.