Meanwhile and Pidgin

Unix Friend unixfriend at
Tue Oct 21 18:43:37 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm a new Pidgin user.   I yum installed meanwhile*, rpm -ivh'ed
gaim-meanwhile-"latest version", grabbed the source bzip2 tarball for pidgin
from sourceforge, installed all gnutls, etc. dependencies, configured, make,
make install (no problems whatsoever) and thought I'd have a working Pidgin
with Meanwhile libraries and plugin to allow me to use Sametime.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  My config.h shows meanwhile=yes and
the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for MEANWHILE are set.

When I start Pidgin up, I have no Sametime symbol when I try to Manage
Accounts and Add a new account.  I successfully added my Yahoo, GTalk and
MSN accounts, but am stymied by the lack of Sametime.

I found the following helpful walkthrough:

Following this for RHEL 5.2 doesn't produce a working Pidgin with Sametime

What am I doing wrong?  Am I missing something?  What should I post to help

Andrea  :)