multiple instances of pidgin / Windows - easier method?

David Balazic David.Balazic at
Mon Nov 17 04:41:45 EST 2008

Control Panel / System Properties / Advanced / Environment Variables

	From: support-bounces at [mailto:support-bounces at] On Behalf Of Geoffrey Lane
	Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:13 PM
	To: support at
	Subject: multiple instances of pidgin / Windows - easier method?
	I'm running pidgin in windows, I typically use it and just leave it on for hours. But a friend has been staying with and wants to use pidgin instead of some sort of other prog... Problem comes up trying to get multiple working without closing mine first and/or typing the command(s) on my account and his (and that seems only way to do this). I even tried making a batch file and add to group policy to start when user logs in but that still hasn't worked.
	Command I'm using is: "set PIDGIN_MULTI_INST=1″
	Is there another method to allow this? reg fix, startup option, etc... that's worked for someone else in past
	please help, no sure where to go from here
	Thank for time,