multiple instances of pidgin / Windows - easier method?

Geoffrey Lane freeballer at
Sat Nov 15 14:13:01 EST 2008

I'm running pidgin in windows, I typically use it and just leave it on for
hours. But a friend has been staying with and wants to use pidgin instead of
some sort of other prog... Problem comes up trying to get multiple working
without closing mine first and/or typing the command(s) on my account and
his (and that seems only way to do this). I even tried making a batch file
and add to group policy to start when user logs in but that still hasn't

Command I'm using is: "set PIDGIN_MULTI_INST=1″

Is there another method to allow this? reg fix, startup option, etc...
that's worked for someone else in past
please help, no sure where to go from here

Thank for time,