pidgin crash when received animed text from msn potocol

Phil Hannent phil at
Wed Jun 18 06:26:09 EDT 2008

Nella Lun wrote:
> Thank you for the debug version of pidgin, Phil,
> I'm now attaching the rpt file for the crash I just experienced.  Please
> let me know if there's anything else I can do to help determine the root
> causing problem.
Thanks for going to the trouble of creating the report file, reading the rpt
file indicates that this is a known bug:

and that the bug is in a piece of software which pidgin uses:

In this case the Pidgin developers have to wait for a fix from the other
developers to resolve the issue, sorry.

Within the Pidgin bug report one of the developers suggest trying a newer
version of the faulty file, if you download:

then extract it to the folder where the file is (usuaully) installed:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\bin

reboot the computer and then try again, that might fix the issue.  Please report
back any success.

Also on the web page I emailed you it suggested creating a ticket on the Pidgin
website.  If you did that it would most likely be marked as a duplicate as
someone has already reported the issue.