RBL RBLevin at
Thu Jul 24 15:50:00 EDT 2008

As a random Pidgin user from the earliest days of the code, I agree.

Why not just setup a Google Group?  Ten minutes and you're done, and it's
searchable.  And it supports e-mail subs as well as Web-based UI.

From: support-bounces at [mailto:support-bounces at] On Behalf
Of Lee B.
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:31 PM
To: Phil Hannent; support at
Subject: Re: feedback

Personally, I think an online discussion forum would be a much better
solution than this email list.

Phil Hannent wrote, on 7/24/2008 2:54 AM:

David Balazic wrote:

Phil Hannent wrote:

Akshat Gupta wrote:

You've made it very difficult for users to give you

feedback about your

I am sorry you feel that way, could you expand on what you feel is missing
or wrong?

Well, obviously, there is no "Give feedback" button/menu anywhere
in Pidgin. Or "Get help/support".

There is "Help -> Online help" or "Help -> About" which will point you to
the website.  While there is no "Give feedback" option I personally do not
see the current setup as "very difficult".

Also in your view how would a "Give feedback" option work?

Phil Hannent

Support mailing list
Support at