Metacity patch to restore activations with Ubuntu Hardy

Casey Harkins charkins at
Fri Jul 11 13:34:36 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 09:47 -0700, tunnel wrote:
> Regarding the window activation problem i discussed here:
> This is a fix for it that worked well. What the long term implications are,
> I have no idea. But it's made pidgin useful again, so I'm happy.

Anticipating many complaints from my users at work, I will likely create
a plugin for pidgin to hack around this (using the show/hide nastiness
mentioned elsewhere). I'm against adding that sort of hack directly into
pidgin proper. I'll need to add a signal into pidgin or libpurple to
signal when it is going present a conversation (we've already have an
appropriate signal for showing/hiding the buddy list).