Lost workspace function with Ubuntu Hardy

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:49:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 20:53 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 18:49 -0700, tunnel wrote:
> > Everything is running under Hardy just fine, with one exception.  I used to
> > be able to double click on any active name in the buddy list, and the
> > message window would pop up in the current station.
> >
> > Now that never happens (after upgrading to Hardy).   I double click, and an
> > ICON appears on the task bar, but the IMS do not become active.  Clicking
> > that task icon simply switches to the workstation where the message window
> > was last.   I can make "Appear in the active workspace"  work, but that is a
> > different feature.  I want my old functionality back. Is this a bug or a
> > feature?  Any way to restore it?
> I can confirm this. Is this happening to people on other distros?

One thing I'm not clear on in the original description is if the
conversation window is open on another workspace when double-clicking
the buddy on the buddy list.

I have noticed some focus issues with metacity after switching to Fedora
9 (metacity 2.22). After a quick glance at their ChangeLog, I'm guessing
the fix for gnome bug #486445 may be to blame.