Fwd: Pidgin

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Fri Jul 18 07:44:47 EDT 2008

Can anyone help this user?

----- Forwarded message from Bipin Mangwani <bipin.mangwani at gmail.com> -----

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:47:25 +0530
From: Bipin Mangwani <bipin.mangwani at gmail.com>
To: lschiere at users.sf.net
Subject: Pidgin

Hi Luke,

Hope you are doing fine.

I have recently started using Pidgin and it's really a nice application. The
only problem is that most of the times I have to work on a VPN and when on
the VPN I connect to the internet using automatic proxy .pac url.

Pidgin help says that:Can Pidgin use my Windows (IE) Proxy Settings?

Yes, if you set the proxy preference to "Use Environmental Settings", Pidgin
will parse the HTTP Proxy setting from Windows as long as you have a
specific server set; auto-detection and configuration via .pac URL do not
work, nor do proxy bypass settings.

So the problem is I am unable to connect the pidgin to the outer world while
I am behind the VPN. Just want to know if there is any way I can connect the
Pidgin to outer world using that Pac file? I am a techie.. so modifying
complicated config files won't be a problem for me if there is a workaround
available. Would be glad if you respond. Many thanks.

----- End forwarded message -----