[Question #38546]: Error connection to MSN on pidgin, error on notification server

JvliusCaesar question38546 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Jul 8 08:51:50 EDT 2008

New question #38546 on pidgin in ubuntu:

Hello ppl!

I'm getting a weird weird error on pidgin.

Since yesterday it does not connect to MSN anymore
And aMSN doesn't either.

BUT if I log on windows, I can log on my account on the original MSN, I also can log on sites like meboo, etc.

aMSN hangs and does not return any error, but pidgin returns " Connection errror on notification server. Unable to connect"

NOTE: Does not seem to be a network issue, as if I log on this SAME MACHINE on Windows XP I can connect on MSN.

Thanks in advance

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.