Pidgin issue

Brian Morrison bdm at
Mon Jan 14 04:00:55 EST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:31:55 +0530
Ginesh <gineshillikulam at> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I configured MSN,Yahoo & Gmail to my Pidgin 2.0.0. But Yahoo and Gmail are
> not allowing to connect to pidgin whereas the MSN worked fine.
> On connecting Yahoo, it is giving message as "Unknown error number 0.
> Logging into the Yahoo! website may fix this". Can you help me out on this?.
> On connecting Gmail, it is giving error as "Not Authorized".
> It will be great if you can specify the steps for connecting Yahoo and Gmail
> to pidgin.

You're using a very old version of Pidgin, 2.3.1 is current, and 2.4.0
is expected soon.

It's very likely that upgrading will fix this, I use GTalk OK with
2.3.1, and I've not heard of any Yahoo problems recently.

The setup for each is as per normal, the account defaults work.

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."